1. Guest, Read the rules. The Rules are simple. Don't spam. Be nice to the people here. Gamez Forums is a place where links are allowed, as long as they are related to the content of the thread.

Featured The Evil Within

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Pity, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Pity

Pity New Gamer

Does it make your head hurt? A lot of people are posting this everywhere, the aspect ratio is supposed to make you feel more into the game, but they completely shit it with this. I mean, aren't they doing testing on these games anymore? If they did, the testers will surely point it out.

Danny_Vas_Ireland likes this.
  3. Dreadful

Dreadful Gamer

Hell yeah, it makes me dizzy. I don't think they even tested this shit.

brittany16691 likes this.
  4. Piotr

Piotr New Gamer

After the widescreen patch it works great. The atmosphere is brilliant, it looks like mixture between REmake and Resident Evil 4.

5. Kukoch

Kukoch New Gamer

The game is okay after the patch, but it still cant reach Resident Evil.

jimmymorgan and Lincoln like this.
  6. Uldana

Uldana New Gamer

The Evil Within was fun. I loved especially chapter 7- the boss fight :) Here is a little info for the chapters of the game:

Chapter 1 - A tutorial on movement and sneaking.. Didn't really like it but at least it's short.. Rating: Meh.
    Chapter 2 - An introduction to stealth killing and traps. Good.
    Chapter 3 - Here is a village, you are on your own to apply what you learned from Ch. 2. Good.
    Chapter 4 - The first half is a scaled back Chapter 3. The next half has some fun setpieces. Ok.
    Chapter 5 - Creepy invisible enemies and a fun boss fight. Good.
    Chapter 6 - RE4 only less slick and with bad graphics. Either meh or shit. I'm not sure. Perhaps I'll decide later. There are some stuff I liked in it but also stuff I hated...
    Chapter 7 - Creepy catacombs with traps and fun boss fights. Good.
    Chapter 8 - What was that?? So short and uneventful. Not sure why they didn't just cut this. Meh.
    Chapter 9 - REmake with real time graphics.. oh yesssss!!! Good!

Josefine likes this.
  7. Josefine

Josefine Gamer

I am almost at the end of the game (I play Dragon Age Inquisition too) and its one of the best games I have played this year. I cant get scared from games like this anymore, but I appreciate the whole atmosphere of the game. The pictures in the walls, the signs, the artwork in this game is beautiful.

8. TheHero

TheHero New Gamer

Finished the game yesterday, I don't like boss fights and that's why the end was a little bit not interesting for me but the game was fantastic, it was needed horror title since we don't get many of that.

Lincoln likes this.
  9. Brew

Brew Gamer

Its a very gruesome game, not much on the scary side from what I've played of it so far. But the story is good so far. The only odd thing for me were the camera angles but you get used to it. Its more of a strategy game, I'd definitely recommned it!

Lincoln likes this.
  10. Daryl

Daryl New Gamer

I have Evil Within on console..seemed to me like a 'horror-ed up' version of Resident Evil...similar game physics..similar ways how little puzzles are solved and how you find ammunition and stuff...the producer was the same also.

11. Ava

Ava Well-Known Gamer

Sooooooo I just finished the evil within. I like the game a lot I definitely recommend to play it because the ending is so amazing and a little bit confusing and a lot more. I rate it 10/10 best game ever, let me know what you guys think of the game. Or else ruvik is coming to get you.

12. Suvam

Suvam New Gamer

Started..Welcome to The Evil Within..far far better than any other survival horror game...and yes for me it's better than Resident evil....Gfx is awesome,game-play is nice and So far it's good.. ..

13. Sami

Sami New Gamer

Finished The Evil Within...Love it.....The Evil Within is a great example of what a Survival Horror game needs to be. It's Like a mixture of Resident Evil,Silent Hill...ending was good..story is pretty cool..8.5/10...It scared me..

14. Richard

Richard Gamer

This is just my opinion but I think I've come to the conclusion that everyone just hates on games that aren't Call of duty or Destiny I just saw a videoreviewfor Theevil withinon YouTube and the reviewer gave it a really goodreviewand the game looked awesome but yet there were people in the comments bashing the hell out of it... But I guarantee you the people that bashed the game are the same people that buy the same call duty game every year and don't even bat an eye... And believe it or not I actually like call of duty and Destiny looks sweet but I have never seen so much dick sucking for those two games in my entire life lol.

15. brittany16691

brittany16691 Gamer

Home Page:
    PSN:
    brittany16691
    XBOX:
    Wast3dGen0cides
    STEAM:
    brittany16691
    I agree. There's so much crap going on about it but I think a lot of the hate for the game is just centered on the fact that it's a remake of RE4, or that it's just another Resident Evil game in general. But literally, who even cares? Who truly takes the time to give two fucks and spend their day playing this game, just so that they can point out all of the similarities?
    Isn't the game made by the same company, or under the same producer or writer or something anyway? I mean, what did they even expect?

But anyway...
    It's a solid game, it's rage inducing, it's got its scary moments and it was exactly what I expected a horror genre game to be. I enjoyed the upgrading station, and all of the collectibles. The acting was a little meh, but nonetheless, there was just enough cutscenes to satisfy me but not enough to annoy the crap out of me and remind me that they could of spend more time finding better actors for it anyway. The ending was a little confusing, yes, until I read about it and what it meant, now it makes sense to me. As for the aspect ratio...after a while I learned to ignore it. And yeah, it was a little disorienting, but there wasn't anything I could do about it anyway so why even bother, unless you've got the PC version, then lucky you! It was good, and I'd recommend it to anyone who enjoys horror games.

Richard likes this.
  16. Richard

Richard Gamer

I'm glad you agree with me @brittany16691 . People are way too picky these days. They follow trends so much.

My favorite aspect of the game is the sound design.
    I really liked the sound design, it was a really an important aspect and helped set a lot of the mood. I loved the melody that played in the Safe Zone, (not so safe zone!) and i think the sound effects lead to a lot of the creeping paranoia when you think its safe to breathe and then there's a squish or a snarl nearby and you don't know where it came from!

17. Caretaker

Caretaker New Gamer

I finished borderlands 1 and I began the 2nd one a few days ago and I'll finish it in about a week. My GF is asking me what I want for xmas and I'm leaning towards the presequel over theEvil Within. Should I get it? I really really enjoyed the 1st one and I'm having a blast with number 2 so far, is the presequel just as good or is it a disappointment?

18. bitsoul91

bitsoul91 New Gamer

I don't want to disappoint you guys but I finished most parts of this game by turning of the sound o_O sorry LOL but anyways it was one hell of a ride, the story was a bit confusing but I understand it all in all, and the gameplay was fun, A lot of people here in my country (PH) wanted to trade off their games because of the stealth style of the game, but it's just up to you how you can kill them without losing most your ammo :p

brittany16691 and Gamez like this.
  19. brittany16691

brittany16691 Gamer

Home Page:
    PSN:
    brittany16691
    XBOX:
    Wast3dGen0cides
    STEAM:
    brittany16691
    I totally forgot to mention the sound! That was another big plus to the game too, I agree. It was so creepy sometimes and just that feeling of it being eerie and everything was enough to get my blood pumping. Along with the special effects and gore too! Those were really fantastic.

20. March

March Gamer

I started playing but got tired in the first scene with the butcher, I go behind his back and I try to kill him, but he always gets me. After this I was frustrated and stopped playing.

21. brittany16691

brittany16691 Gamer

Home Page:
    PSN:
    brittany16691
    XBOX:
    Wast3dGen0cides
    STEAM:
    brittany16691
    I kept doing this too, repeatedly. Over and over I would try to kill him and would just wind up dead. But the first chapter is actually in fact a hint towards what you're supposed to do for the rest of the game, if you can, which is stealth and also being very quick to react, or even run. Go into the room the second he starts walking away into the other room. Grab the keys off of the table and walk, still crouched in stealth, back, and then to the left of where you were before. There should be a door there, where you use those keys to unlock it. From there, just follow what the game leads you into doing which is running from that guy. Trust me though, you'll be needed to use stealth and your ability to run away from things, a LOT. Which is why I recommend you upgrade your sprinting/running time in the upgrades. You'll thank me for that later.

JohnBrenton likes this.