1. Guest, Read the rules. The Rules are simple. Don't spam. Be nice to the people here. Gamez Forums is a place where links are allowed, as long as they are related to the content of the thread.

How do you play a game?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Kabar, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Kabar

Kabar Gamer

Ok gamers, how do you play a game? Do you play through it as fast as you can or do you take your time? I take my time, ive been playing evil within and really enjoy it. Im not sure how long the story is but I'm on 30 hours already lol. I'm the kinda of guy who will play for twenty or thirty minutes then hop on Facebook for a few, take a drink of coffee or what ever all while my character is chillin lol..if it's a game I like I take my time. I guess it's the same with a women

3. Cuthwy

Cuthwy New Gamer

STEAM:
    I play games just like you, homie :cool:
    I play all games slow and steady - I take my time.
    I'm never in a hurry when it comes to completing games. I am a GTA fanboy and I play it for about an hour and then I go and watch some YouTube videos :D

4. Berbo

Berbo Gamer

If it's RPG Games or Freestyle Games, like Batman, Elder Scrolls, The Witcher, Fallout, Mass Effect...I take my sweet time...haha that's why I hate harrowing Games cause I have to give it back next week or so and I didn't get to explore every bit.

5. 3wayjump

3wayjump Gamer

Depends on the game. For example, I might try to run straight through Dragon Age Origins because of the complete length of time it takes to do EVERYTHING (90 HOURS!), but then breeze straight through Dragon Age 2 doing everything because it's a bit easier.

6. DeltaFrAnt

DeltaFrAnt High Warlord Staff Member

I try everything, I explore everything, I do all the side quests and I read everything ^^

Dorkus Prime likes this.
  7. Jasonsib

Jasonsib Well-Known Gamer Staff Member

XBOX:
    Ops ignition
    STEAM:
    JASONSIB21
    I listen to all the dialogue , sometimes i even come out of the convo to select another response to see the different information , i always do all the side quests and take my time exploring the world but one thing i never do is ready journals/codex/lore in any game , dont really know why because im probably missing out on loads of back story.

8. DeltaFrAnt

Haha, I do it since I saw a reference to Bilbo in Morrowind from a book :p

Jasonsib likes this.
  9. Gamez

Gamez Administrator Staff Member

If its open world I like to explore it and forget about the main story for at least 2-3 hours. Mafia was the game that made me like the open world games.

10. Jasonsib

Jasonsib Well-Known Gamer Staff Member

XBOX:
    Ops ignition
    STEAM:
    JASONSIB21
    I never played mafia 1 but mafia 2 is amazing! , i heard they are making number 3 :D

11. Gamez

Gamez Administrator Staff Member

Mafia 1 was even better, I remember how lively the city was. The story is also great, The graphics even by today standards are not bad.

Jasonsib likes this.
  12. izumi26

izumi26 New Gamer

i take time when im playing the game..i like to explore first before i proceed hahaha..to know more about the game and to discover hidden items haha

13. DeltaFrAnt

Haha, and then you got OP at the beginning of the game :p

14. Dorkus Prime

Dorkus Prime Well-Known Gamer Staff Member

Home Page:
    XBOX:
    Dorkus Prime
    STEAM:
    DirkDaggerHand
    Pretty much. I have a lot of health issues, so I'm home bound mainly. So I feel the need to get every penny out of every game I buy.

15. ailamendez

ailamendez Gamer

Hm i played only if i have extra time or vacant time. I played games depends on my mood, ex. I want to play Dot warriors Pair in this morning while i'm on my why to office, then if i have extra time at lunch, i played Crusaders Quest then if i want, i play Anima Adventure while im on my way to my home. That kind of playing, its boring right ? :D

16. James0026

James0026 New Gamer

I take time in playing games... I make sure that I accomplished all the quest and tasks. Actually, Im currently looking for new games to play with my new mobile phone. I used to play Legion of heroes, Help me Jack and Pocketales. They are all mobile game.

17. Larchey

Larchey New Gamer

Home Page:
    XBOX:
    Larchey
    STEAM:
    chemble
    Well, it depends on the game. If it's an rpg, or something open world (shooter, adventure, etc)then I'll take my time on the first play through. After that, I get faster because I know where to go, what to do and what bits I don't absolutely need to do (e.g. picking up all collectables). But some like racing games or fighting games, I try to rush through it and end up sloppy because I don't enjoy the genre as much, so I don't care about doing everything.
    I detest anyone trying to do things for me unless I absolutely need them (co-op missions/achievements), because I lose the sense of personal achievement if someone else has done it for me.

18. David Pickard

David Pickard New Gamer