1. Guest, Read the rules. The Rules are simple. Don't spam. Be nice to the people here. Gamez Forums is a place where links are allowed, as long as they are related to the content of the thread.

Consoles vs PC

Discussion in 'Consoles - Other' started by TheDeer, Nov 22, 2014.

1. TheBat

TheBat New Gamer

Can all of this PC vs Console war please stop especially with the stereo types. I am well aware of how everybody has their own opinion of which is their prefered platform but there are more ways of expressing your view without insulting each other for example i prefer gaming on a PC due to the fact of the hardware behind it but i do not go around shouting PC master race. Same with consoles always calling everyone on PC an "elitist". Rather than arguing with each other we should work together on fighting these points:
    .video games cause violence
    .video games cause social isolation
    .video games cause obesity

2. Nato

Nato Gamer

Guys. Can everyone grow up and stop complaining, or eliting about console, or pc. Yes most play consoles. Who cares. Its still a gaming platform just like a psp or gameboy. Are they not real gamer devices? A game is a game regardless of how lacking in creativity and difference it has. Consoles will never be the same as pc as the technology generation and difference available between them. But thats doesnt make a difference in the slightest. I play pc. But human eyes have a li...mit on the frames we can see. Pcs make rpgs look fantastic but racing on a keyboard is crap. And yes we can use usb controllers. But pcs are more expensive whereas consoles are more freely available to the majority. Thry both have negatives and positives but stop fighting. It is boring. This is the gaming society not the argument on gaming society. We should be taking about games. Gaming memes and whats good and bad. Being friendly not hostile and retarded. Are you proud to be a gamer or want to be known as an arrogant elitest scum.

3. Josefine

Josefine Gamer

For most games the difference in fps won't affect the gameplay. And gameplay should be the most important part about a game. Dose borderlands look better on pc? Yes. Dose it affect how the game plays if I play it on my Xbox? Nope.

4. TodMS

TodMS New Gamer

xbox, ps4, pc its almost the same thing, its just working in different way. So the whole discussion is pointless. Just enjoy the games.

5. MorbidDesire

MorbidDesire New Gamer

Well, let me join in the discussion.
    I prefer PC because I like using a keyboard and mouse.
    I like my PS3 because I just love it.
    Xbox well not really my type of console.
    Let see the salt sea flood in as usual.

6. Monterey

Monterey New Gamer

I'm amazed someone has the time to write so much in a meaningless discussion like this. Just enjoy the games people.

7. Kriss

Kriss Gamez Forums Helper Staff Member

Consoles are great, but I think PC is still better :)
    PC got amazing graphics and some games that can't be played on consoles :)

I have a PS3 myself, I use both :)

Moby likes this.
  8. Moby

Moby New Gamer

I agree @Kriss There are some games that simply cant be played on console. Imagine Civilization or Heroes on console :)

9. Suvam

Suvam New Gamer

The worst thing on every PlayStation is that, if you play games you have to every day. If you keep the ps worthless for 1,2 or 3 months, the laser that have by which the game is scanned gets damaged you have to fix it again with a lot of money.

10. Kriss

Kriss Gamez Forums Helper Staff Member

@Suvam , are you sure? I haven't used any CD's in my PS3 for over a year now..

11. Suvam

Suvam New Gamer

That's what happened with my ps, but it could be from something else. But how could it get damaged if I didn't use it.

12. GensupDovahkhiin

GensupDovahkhiin Gamez Forums Helper Staff Member

13. SpikeJet2736

SpikeJet2736 Gamer

If you wanna get technical, PC is better. Better textures, you can mod shit, the frame rate tends to be better. They're just better than consoles. That being said, that doesn't mean you should talk down to other games that aren't on PC. There's nothing wrong with owning consoles especially since they're less expensive. 3rd person games do tend to play better with controllers (which you can hook up a controller to your computer to play Arkham City on PC but there are no controllers made officially for PC so those other controllers weren't meant for PC, they were meant for Consoles so that one thing you gotta give them) but with First person games nothing's better than a keyboard and mouse (which makes me wish Metroid Prime was on PC)

Berbo likes this.
  14. Berbo

Berbo Gamer

I admit before I have thought like some of the users here, that there is something better than the other. But my view changed, I played games across all platforms and only in this way I saw that it doesn't matter what platform you use. The only thing that matters is that you get access to more games.

Scott Leggett likes this.
  15. Scott Leggett

Scott Leggett Well-Known Gamer

Console gamer, PC 'user'.
    I've tried PC gaming (Everquest back in-the-day, Lord of the Rings Online, City of Heroes), but every time I lose interest. I have no idea why. Consoles hold my interest and keep me coming back. Perhaps it's the maintenance 'under the hood' involved in PC gaming I don't like. Having to worry about optimization etc.

Gamez likes this.
  16. Deathvalley6984

Deathvalley6984 New Gamer

I feel they are both equal and also gotta add arcade, they have their high points and low points, loads of essentils, buried gems, average guilty pleasures and shovelware, gamingis universal in my book

17. Scott Leggett

Scott Leggett Well-Known Gamer

18. AndyMac

AndyMac New Gamer

PS3 comes with the RSX gpu made by nvidia .... Full form being reality synthesizer !! Putting in simple words, developers makes game for one PS3 ( God of war 3 / last of us ) whereas there are million pc around the world . Moreover look at what happened to AC unity lately .... Poorly optimized pc game. Developers are running away from pc because of scalability pain of developing games which can run on all pcs with diff cards n specs ... Moreover piracy is killing PC gaming !! PC will always be ahead in terms of consoles with numbers yes true but console is a better product overall ..... !! Can u get uncharted , God of war , last of us , and so many more on PC No ... Just look at the exclusives on console and on PC and u will know which market is rising and which is dying.

19. DeltaFrAnt

DeltaFrAnt High Warlord Staff Member

Worst argument ever.

Exclusive are ruining gaming industry.

C.J. likes this.
  20. David Pickard

David Pickard New Gamer

Previously I was mad for consoles but now I am shifted to PC.