1. Guest, Read the rules. The Rules are simple. Don't spam. Be nice to the people here. Gamez Forums is a place where links are allowed, as long as they are related to the content of the thread.

Xbox one vs PS4

Discussion in 'Consoles - Other' started by Bradley, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Bradley

Bradley New Gamer

What console should i buy? Xbox one or PS4

3. LeeroyJenkins

LeeroyJenkins Gamer

I think PS4 is better but it's your choice.
    Xbox for Halo and Forza :p Sony for Gran Turismo and Killzone and Uncharted .. Soo your choise: maahh i will choose PS and XBX Emulator on PC :p :D

4. Perpetrator

Perpetrator Gamer

5. JohnyPet

JohnyPet New Gamer

Guys, seriously. You can barely see the difference between two picture, you couldnt even tell the difference in graphics in real life, but ill go for ps4 since the exclusives are way better (i only regret the halo). Playstation has an amazing line up in 2015 and will really show what this gen is all about.

6. Johny

Johny New Gamer

I have both xbox one and ps4. I'm gonna give you my full honest opinion. The interface of the xbox one is better. And the fact that you can watch a video while play your game is sick. And don't forget the amazing graphics. But I really don't think they can pair up against the PS4. The graphics are almost the same except for maybe the ground. PS4 has way better graphics on the ground. It sounds weird haha I know but if you're like me then you'd want every last pixel to be perfect. The interface for PS4 is decent but then again who cares about watching a video while you play video games while you have a tablet or phone? Both consoles are the same speed. They have their own good things about them. I flipped a coin to officially choose which console I keep for myself. I now have the ps4 and am loving it. My brother has the xbox one and is loving it. I would recommend both consoles but I'm gonna have to choose one. Tryna not sound like a fan boy here but I say PS4 all the way. But the xbox one is still a great console.

Mr. Al likes this.
  7. BClegg

BClegg Active Gamer

Xbox one controller battery last longer, you can message people while still playing the game full screen, you get updates more frequently, you can resume games quicker.

8. GTAcrew

GTAcrew New Gamer

Consoles are meant for entertainment and fun purposes no need to get uptight about it....I hate posts like this that turn around and says something is better than the other then everyone wants to jump in and input their own opinions because they think his choices are bad, let him post it and then delete it no one cares, and if you don't care don't look at it just keep scrolling down or do what you do.

9. Moreno

Moreno New Gamer

Both consoles are nearly the exact same thing. I have both. there is honestly no difference in visual quality or processing speed. The only major difference i ever saw is you have to wait to download a game with xbox and not with ps4. I like the on screen set up for xbox better though. people are just way to picky about things like " fuck you the ps4 has 32 more pixels then the xbox does" or stupid shit like that.

10. JohnBrenton

JohnBrenton New Gamer

They are both good..xbox is jus better becuase of all the stuff you can do with it.. xbox live is far superior than psn (when psn works lol) and the game selection is better on xbox. I feel like xbox cares about their people and Sony just wants your money and doesn't care anymore.

11. Tadar

Tadar New Gamer

Honestly its the actual Sony fans themselves that steered me away from owning both the ps4 and xbox one. They really are stuck up pricks. Not all but a vast majority are. That said. Soon the xbox one will be getting the dx12 gpu chip update which will give it more power and in that same update they will pipeline the multiple gpu's to work together instead of separately between games, entertainment and apps so the developers can push the graphics more. Plus over time Microsoft announced they will be switching on, through updates, the 300 dormant streaming processors to boost performance. Microsoft planned ahead honestly with the xbox one.

12. Murray

Murray New Gamer

Look, i am sick of this hate going towards everything xbox and MS, from game spot deliberately trying to cause e arguments, to IGN and their ignorant reviews, we xbox fans have taken BS from the rest of the gaming community for no reason, the only thing sony has for them is the big channels giving them a good public image and their games being said to be in higher resolution, if its a war they want, its a war they will get, let's not support sony fanboy's like IGN and game sp...ot, even if sometimes they big up our games, lets take them down, i mean, some people hate xbox so much they don't even have windows, or use word, or have a PC, plus, Sony's PlayStation is in its fourth generation, and xbox is only in it's third, the PS4 should have holograms for Christ sake, but us being only on our third generation, and them being on their fourth, yet we revel them and are superior, they should be ashamed, MS hasn't always listened to consumers,they are now, and are taking our words very seriously and to heart, the fact such a huge company has listened to its consumers so strongly proves a lot, let's bring the fight and argument to them, why, cause we have windows, we have a company that listens to us, we have one account for all of MS, we have interconnectivity, we have more functions on our consoles, we have universal integration, we have word, we have outlook, we have one drive, we have the better UI, we have the better games, we have the better console, we have the better operating system, we have major nelson, we have the better online service, xbox live, we have the better controllers, we have the better community, we have halo, and most importantly, we have Master Chief. We can never lose.

13. Mony

Mony New Gamer

I have never, NEVER seen a company do as much for their fanbase/customers as much as Microsoft has with this console, they have stepped up their game for all of us. Now its time for Microsoft to simply sell the xb1 and continue making new exclusive titles while continuing to build their new in house development studios in the new countries they are now selling in to further continue the new games production.

For those who are wondering how does Xbox live compares to PSN server wise here are the numbers
    Microsoft has 300,000 dedicated servers for Xbox live/Xbox 360/Xbox One
    Sony has 70,000 dedicated servers for PSN/PS3/PS4

Any questions

14. Bormin

Bormin New Gamer

Alright seriously, I feel like enough is enough. It seems I can hardly ever find any positive news regarding the xbox one online lately unless I really dig or get specific with my search. Im so sick of seeing all these back alley journalists talking crap about Microsoft and doing nothing but praising sony..... these assholes are becoming the reason why everyone seems to think the xb1 sucks. All everyone does on these sites is just copy and paste quotes from other jackass journalists from other sites. Is this really how gaming has become? Dont these people see the kind of harm that their rumors, opinions and fanboyish hatred and squandering can do? Dont they know how blind and sheep-like people are, "well I read it online in a actual article, it must be true, the xb1 and Microsoft suck, they said so online!". Im so tired of false journalism. -end rant- my apologies, a simple internet search for news on ESO online for xb1 turned sour rather quickly it would seem.

15. Pablo

Pablo New Gamer

It looks good on paper and like PS3 will probably never get use to full potential by developers. Kinect turned off or unplugged doesn't change the graphics on xbox one. It all comes down to the use of kinect which is why microsoft is letting developers design without it in mind and certain things are turned off inside right now until an update comes. There's no drastic difference and it doesn't hide the facts of PS4 over heating and PSN being hacked on numerous ocassions. Destiny is hot right now, what happens if PSN was down for a week like they were2-3 weeks prior? XBL starts looking pretty good.

16. Patrice

Patrice New Gamer

I have both PS4 and Xbox One the PS4 is a lot quicker with digital downloads and installs for whatever reason. Games for now also tend to run smoother aswell not sure what difference the Microsoft cloud will make. however in comparison they are both pretty close, it all depends on what games you like either way you can't lose with either console.

17. Iliya

Iliya Gamer

The Xbox One has a slightly faster CPU. The PS4 theoretically has a 50% stronger gpu which is huge, but in real world application is more like 15-20% stronger. Ps4 also uses a unified pool of faster gddr5 ram. That said they went for latency over bandwidth when designing the Xbox. With the embedded esram cache the Xbox still has a higher max bandwidth theoretically. You'll only see each system utilized to it's max through first party exclusives, because devs aren't going to optimize for each platform.

18. Servbot

Servbot New Gamer

For me I'm leaning XboxOne to play Dead Rising 3 I love those games

19. acetheflow

acetheflow New Gamer

I would personally have to say both. The reason being there is exclusive games that are just for that specific console. So I think you should base your decision on the games you play.

20. Hichi

Hichi New Gamer

When choosing which platform is best for you ask yourself first what type of gamer are you. Are you a person who likes to play by himself or herself if your a female. Or are you a person who likes online gaming.
    If your an online gamer and you love to hook up with friends and play together online for hours then you may want to go with xbone as I feel and many will agree with me saying so the xbone has the best online service, online gaming is growing as the years go by. Playstation is behind when it comes to online gaming. XBONE on the other hand it does have some pretty good single player games but playstation has always seemed to come off a little bit more better when it comes to single player games.
    As for the UI (user interface) some people like and some people dislike the user interface on the xbox one and feel it needs a touch up. When it comes to playstation a lot of people may find that the UI is simple and direct and easy to navigate meaning it's easy to find what you are looking for and you don't have the feeling that you have to go through sub menus to get to what you are looking for like how it used to be with the xbox one when it first launched. But within the past year of the xbox ones launch there as been updates after updates. One thing about Microsoft they listen to peoples feedbacks and are always trying to do there best to please there consumers keeping in mind that they can not accept every single request only the most important ones.
    Xbox always every year gets constant updates and there always changing the layout of the xbox home (formerly called the dashboard). Xbox one has more servers than sony so more servers meaning less issues than it's competition when it comes to server issues. They both require you to "pay to play" now. Xbox one really does deserve the name "all in one" it can be for casual gamers and hardcore gamers. When it comes to gaming on the xbox one you can expect on an average for games to run between 720p-900p 60fps. Some games here and there run at 1080p as well.
    This generation the lead guy at microsoft "Phil Spencer" feels that not all games should be 1080p as it does not matter and it does it does only to certain games and feels frame rate is more important. On the playstion side don't believe everything you hear as sony to has the same issues not all of there games run at 1080p and they have frame rate drops and I do not recall xbox one having frame rate drop. Which when it comes to frame rates it allows multiple things to go on all at once and everything runs smoothly without any lag if I am correct.
    Xbox one aside from gaming also has other cool features transparent tiles, change the color of your tiles like on a windows phone and now has custom backgrounds and whatever achievements you unlock the artwork for that achievement can be use as your showcase which falls under your profile and you are allowed up to 6 to show all at once and if not mistaken they can bet set as a background image as well.
    Xbox one also has apps more apps that playstation and more coming along the way and you can also hook up your cable or satellite dish to your xbone and say xbox watch t.v it goes instantly and call out the name of the channel you want to go to like AMC,CARTOON NETWORK, ESPN and instantly goes there. you can snap apps so you can play a game and snap the internet or nextflix and play your game and watch netflix at the same time.
    You can program your xbox to control your cable,tv,receiver all at once so when you say "xbox on" it turns on everything all at once or off. You can also switch from your game to t.v or app instantly like the flick of a channel. Another cool feature for xbone there was a time I played killer instinct I made it to the boss fight shadow jago turned my xbox off the next day thought I had to start all over to get to shadow jago and went to Killer Instinct the game was paused at shadow jago from when I fell asleep. This is only possible for when under settings you set the mode to "instant on" for the console it's like a hibernation mode and your console is always on.
    Don't worry about another RROD issue the system is designed to prevent that issue I leave mines under that setting all the time and it's still working with no issues. But that is the difference that I know between the to so get some info and on playstion and find out which console better suits you.
    I like xbone more and have been a xbox fan boy since the original xbox it just functions more like a PC allowing me to do lots of stuff but at the same time it's still a console on xbone its all about processing that microsoft cares about meaning how much you can do vs the sony playstation with its how powerful it is but power is not always everything because it still cannot play every game in 1080 and has frame rate drops and is constantly offline for maintenance.
    Oh and one more thing windows 10 will be dropping about and it will have an xbox app which from a tablet a buddy of yours will be able to have access to the library of your games from your console and either from a PC or tablet your buddy can join in your online gaming and game with you while your playing on your console and from his or her tablet or pc can join your party invites and record gameplay as well if I am not mistaken. But that pretty much sums up all the info I can think of to help you make the right decision in terms of which console to get. Good Luck on your selection.

21. KissMyA

KissMyA Gamer

I have been with xbox since 2008. Originally had a playstation 1 then a playstation 2 but saw how much xbox 360 was better than Playstation 3 so I switched over to Microsoft.