1. Guest, Read the rules. The Rules are simple. Don't spam. Be nice to the people here. Gamez Forums is a place where links are allowed, as long as they are related to the content of the thread.

Destiny

Discussion in 'Video Games for Consoles' started by Gam3r, Jan 14, 2015.

1. DeltaFrAnt

DeltaFrAnt High Warlord Staff Member

I mean, I'm right in the HL contents and I don't find a ways to have ''fun'' .

2. Jasonsib

Jasonsib Well-Known Gamer Staff Member

XBOX:
    Ops ignition
    STEAM:
    JASONSIB21
    I was hyped for destiny so much , followed it for months before playing the beta , i was really disappointed with the beta but still went out and bought it anyway because i hoped it would be a bit more fun with friends.

It was , but that novelty soon wore off after about 2 months , grind is a keyword i always see brought up when destiny is mentioned and its spot on , it is exactly that. I love wow and neverwinter but to me destiny isn't no where near MMO standards. I think for console gamers its a breath of fresh air because they haven't really experienced anything like it on a console before. I left my friends playing destiny months ago , and they kept saying i was bitter for not being able to catch up to their level , the truth was i didn't want to dedicate my free time to one game like most of my friends.

But anyway , one by one my friends are slowing stopping , raids become boring after continuously playing the same thing over and over , i think after the last expansive they will probably pack it in like most players , and haven't they revealed they are making a destiny 2 already? old articles about destiny were stating that this game would be carried on for years , yet only a few months after it was in our hands they start talking about a sequel.

A pig with lipstick is still a pig :D

3. Scott Leggett

Scott Leggett Well-Known Gamer

Any game that generates such passionate responses, both positive and negative, is doing something right IMO........Bungie tried something different, a hybrid perhaps, but the 'model' is unique.
    Grinding is about as 'old-school' as it gets.......anybody who has ridden a Gold Chocobo knows what I'm talkin' about.....

I have played Destiny for approx. one month, on average about 20hrs a week.

In that time, I have a 26th-level Warlock.......a 21st-level Titan......and a 16th-level Hunter.

My Warlock has 3 Legendary weapons (no primary, but 2 special and 1 heavy), but no Legendary armor, primarily because I have yet to do a Raid.

My thoughts so far?

I try to be a grateful person. In day-to-day life, I try to stop and recognize that while something may not be perfect, or exactly what I wanted, it does provide x, y, and z. That's pretty much how I feel about Destiny. The 'campaign'/story needed beefing up....yes. But it was enough if you chose to play it early and push yourself to complete it at challenging levels. It was epic and felt as if you were 'playing' the story, versus simply watching it in a cutscene. Also, it seems gamers want so much served up to them in a nice package....the way Bungie has guardedly revealed the story adds an air of mysteries yet to solve, and unexpected revelations. I don't mind the patient reveal.....

Gameplay is amazing and lives up to the Bungie reputation. 'Nuff said.

As far as the overall game experience goes, I guess I'm old-school, or patient, or something, because I haven't felt the grind is too much yet. I don't mind running through the daily strike and a few bounties each day (I'm mean, an hour, maybe). I look at my reputation with Eris Morn and realize it's going to be awhile before I get my Husk of the Pit leveled, BUT I DON'T HAVE TO DO THAT. And therein lies the crux of the issues most gamers really have with Destiny. We want to complete everything. Achievements...exotic weapons.....chests.....we WANT IT ALL. And you can have it......if you devote ungodly amounts of time. Me? If I don't need the Gjallahorn to get through the raids. If I can do it with the weapons luck has brought me, then I'm content. The Black Hammer sounds amazing! However, if I never pull it from a raid, so be it. It won't ruin my experience with Destiny, because to me, the experience is about more than which guns I have (unless, of course, you need a certain weapon to get through a certain place.......but I haven't experienced this yet, nor have I heard anybody else experience this. Yes, you may need certain gear to solo Crota....but 99.99% of us are not going to attempt this.....so why the angst?). I used to stop and stare at the vistas in Skyrim, just stop and look around at the beauty. I do the same in Destiny, and choose to enjoy to 'whole' game, rather than how fast I can get through it, or what bragging rights it's given me over the faceless person I'm competing against who has an item or achievement I don't have. I look forward to the pride I will feel once I've helped put down Atheon or Crota......and I'll enjoy it the 20th time as well. I do, and can play other games, and will move on once I'm 'geared' in Destiny, and patiently await House of Wolves, or whatever else Bungie sends our way. I will play Destiny as my 'side' game until II hits.

One final note......on occasion, commenters have proclaimed/implied that if you enjoy Destiny you are, essentially, a fool. How myopic. I turn it back on those people....how foolish to judge someone else's experience. We are all different.

Anyway, that's my experience with Destiny. I hope yours has been as enjoyable.

BenMack, Akib and Gamez like this.
  4. Akib

Akib New Gamer

@Scott Leggett I have to agree with you. We people rant too much sometimes, after all its just a game and people spend a lot of time in it like you say so its definitely not a fail.

Scott Leggett likes this.
  5. BenMack

BenMack Gamer

In my opinion I'd say no to the dlc in Destiny, there's only 3 new story missions and some new bounties. But I never built a big list of friends to do all the strikes and raids with. Suppose if you've been doing that then it's worth it, if not then maybe hold on till expansion 3. Everything I've heard says that's when the big content addition happens.

6. nam123

nam123 New Gamer

7. ninawilliam89

ninawilliam89 New Gamer

Home Page:
    I want more than 3 tasks. I spent a lot of time to play. I hope yours has been as enjoyable.

: Destiny