1. Guest, Read the rules. The Rules are simple. Don't spam. Be nice to the people here. Gamez Forums is a place where links are allowed, as long as they are related to the content of the thread.

Destiny

Discussion in 'Video Games for Consoles' started by Gam3r, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Gam3r

Gam3r New Gamer

So I tried the Destiny Trial...get too level 7 and than am like WTF!!!! Cant get any further in the game....So i went and bought it today....I really like the game so far!!!

3. Moreno

Moreno New Gamer

I just played the shit outta it with my friend, and I think it should have won game of the year. The eniemies are bad ass, I love the graphics, it is a great hand eye cord game, the weapons are great, and the missions are tough but exicting. I enjoy playing destiny.

Liz Daniels likes this.
  4. Dustoff

Dustoff Gamer

Destiny is Zelda Skyward Sword but with gun's, this game sucks it re-uses the same level design for every single mission just each mission you go a little deeper then last time just like Skyward Sword. Fuck this game it is beyond lazy, we were promised level designs as big as Skyrim for each mission and we were given a polished turd as the graphics are kinda pretty but overall its still just shit with a coating of turtle wax.

HAVIC likes this.
  5. March

March Gamer

Destiny in fact does have a story i actually do remember it, Dinklebot said to do something and you said "Yes Sir Sire Sir My Lord!!" and you slaughtered wave after wave of enemies until he said to do it again but this time "over there" and you did that till you saw credits, granted the game doesn't have a story and coming from the makers of Halo who's universe was so large they had to make i believe 6 books just to explain everything it is a shame THIS was their big break away from Microsoft but for every ranting anger filled moment i have to say about that game just like Halo it still feels so damned good to blow someones head off.

6. Scott Leggett

Scott Leggett Well-Known Gamer

I'm buying Destiny this weekend.
    I've heard all the complaints.
    Every one of the criticisms I've read or heard so far seem to be people condemning the game's story or depth. Mostly, the criticisms seem to be flying directly in the face of what Bungie has said the game is all along. "It's too short!!"......"Lacking in story!"......Bungie said from the beginning that the base game was laying a groundwork for future DLC.....that the story would be revealed over a decade through three base games and multiple DLC's per base game. Some people don't like that, some (like myself) are willing to see how it goes, because, well,........it's BUNGIE. They produce quality and I'm willing to see what they do until I feel they produce an inferior product.

C.J., scrapmunkey and Branki like this.
  7. Branki

Branki New Gamer

I happen to enjoy Destiny. Maybe it's not as content-rich as skyrim, but not many games are. I feel I've gotten my $60 worth between leveling my 2 characters, attempting (and failing) the raid, and making some great friends from it on top of the 150 or so hours I have on it. I think its a small minority of people who dislike the game. Destiny has over 3 million active users playing every day.

scrapmunkey and Scott Leggett like this.
  8. JohnBrenton

JohnBrenton New Gamer

Lol I love this game for the most part and respect your opinion. But it really isn't that amazing. It's not bad but it's not amazing. To make it amazing they need to make more drops. You only get 2ascendant shards or energy after doing a certain level strike. When you should get at least 6 each strike. And instead of so many green uncommon drops during a level 26 or higher strike or raid make more legendary drops during it. I got a legendary emblem, Mark and the ice breaker from the first raid I did. Pretty decent but considering it takes about 2 hours on average, you should get more energy, shards or materials at the end after completing it. It's just not rewarding enough for how much time you put in. That's the main problem. Borderlands is a perfect game as far as how the reward and loot system works. That's how destiny should be. And they need to leave the weapons alone. All the weapons worked fine before they nurfed them because noobs complained about them. The bad JUJU was the only hun that needed work. Too many people complaining about what's perfect in the game and gettin it messed up. But everyone I know complains about the reward and loot system but yet they haven't done much to it yet.

9. Scott Leggett

I know Bungie has attempted to create a gaming cyborg.......a little PC inspired MMORPG gameplay and structure, mixed with console multiplayer and design. Did it work? Not perfectly, but I have to give them credit for trying. As a console gamer who screamed for years (really, since Halo II) to have the opportunity to share open worlds with other players, I'm just glad somebody TRIED (Defiance doesn't count, it blew WAY too hard).
    They will tweek it, it will get better. Because of what Bungie has accomplished, the next MMORPG for consoles will be even better. Besides, I try to be careful judging Destiny by PC MMORPG rules.......it's a different beast and should be viewed as such.

10. Tadar

Tadar New Gamer

Traded mine in to split up between sunset overdrive and lords of the fallen. I spent at least two years researching destiny, it is NOT what bungie had promised us. I dont care about what anybody else says, destiny is crap. Bungie lied to us all and kept feeding the hype train and then became blind to the money sony started dumping on them for this package of diarrhea. I haven't felt so much disappointment in a game since remember me. And that game was trash too sadly.

11. Murray

Murray New Gamer

http://armedgamer.com/2014/10/destiny-become-disappointed/

I don't agree with reviews like this....
    At all.
    Just sounds like dude was terrible at the game.
    There is no reason why a strike mission should take you "two hours" to complete. Maybe 20-30 min.....
    I run them in about 9-13 min on average depending on the mission.
    Thanks to Activation, most of the story is found on Bungie.net or via the Bungie app with the cards that are unlocked...
    If you take a few minutes to read those cards, it's a great story.
    Especially considering that Bungie had to revamp the story when they did.
    I honestly think Destiny is a great game, I also believe the best is yet to come.
    Kinda funny this dude doing the review is yet another cry baby, crying about sucking at PvP, putting the blame on other players having better weapons.....
    PvP is a level playing ground.... My gun is not stronger than your gun.
    Don't give your gun the credit for my kill.....

Scott Leggett likes this.
  12. Ava

Ava Well-Known Gamer

I just had an amazing experience that I have to tell people about. I was just in a room with a female player that I feel is one of the best players in Destiny that I have ever seen. She knew what she was doing and it was amazing. We beat Crota with 3 different characters in less than 2 hours. If guys out there think that females cant be good gamers you are wrong. Also, guys that give females grief and rude remarks need to be banned. The room that I was just in proves that they can be incredible gamers too..Dont ever underestimate people, no matter what.

13. Mony

Mony New Gamer

I have mixed feelings about destiny . I got it over the weekend and I'm only a level 6, but yea so far the story isn't that great . The game play is very good but repetitive so far. Customization isn't really all that great , but again I'm only a lv 6 . I'm hoping things pick up with story and more options. The game is a great foundation for things to come but as it is right now I'm kinda where gamespot is on the review 6/10.

14. Bormin

Bormin New Gamer

Here in the caribbean T&T we're having problems getting online during peak hours. No problems during the day though, The gameplay is pretty good imo, but then bungie made it. However the story thus far leaves a lot to be desired, but they did say they would be updating the game along the way. I do think however that I should have gotten more out of the game after so long, I get the impression that they are dragging out the gameplay. Right now I haven't finished the game yet, but I do wish they could fix their servers.

15. Pablo

Pablo New Gamer

Not to argue, but what is great about the story? I feel that there's almost no reason to do any of the missions offered besides that it's fun to shoot things. I don't know who any major characters are, what the "darkness" is, why I was awoken, who the Awoken are, etc. I love extra story content in games but the game itself needs to bring something in terms of story without requiring me to do research.

16. Scott Leggett

It seems that the consensus is that the story lacks (unless you take the time and trouble to go read it!), but the gameplay rocks (unless you're used to PC MMORPG's and wish it were more like that!).

I'm buying Destiny this week, but I was wondering if anybody could elaborate on some complaints a friend of mine had.....

1) He said that the Hunter is broken in PvP. I was hoping to try Warlock so would like to know if this is true.
    2) He said that PvP concerns are Bungie's priority......not the mmorpg issues. I've played Halo PvP for years and was hoping they would focus on the mmorpg tweaks because that is the experience I'm looking forward to.
    3) He said that the friends/party system was spotty, with party members being dropped frequently and chat switching from party chat to game chat indiscriminately. True?

Can anybody verify any of this for me?

17. Scott Leggett

7c843ab3012202904d89c19624311f5e.jpg
    Me.....in a week or two.

Patrice likes this.
  18. Patrice

Patrice New Gamer

I read an article earlier where Digital Foundry stated that the XB One version of Destiny stutters in framerate. Has anyone else felt Destiny stutter in framerate on the XB One? Yet they go on to say that its only a whisker better on PS4 due to the exclusive content it got. In 6 days of playing it, I have experienced no drops or had stutters in framerate. Both versions are locked at 30fps, which actually kind of sucks in perfermance, Id rather would have had 900p @ 60fps. But gamers just have to cry over 1080p. It appears some people are willing to sacrifice framerate performance for 1080p res.

19. Iliya

Iliya Gamer

I appreciate the gameplay , slick controls and menus and the game has a lot if potential, but it's not anything you can't do in halo and borderlands that came out years ago. A game 10 years in the making should be more than what was actually delivered. I get it's a strong base to start on and maybe after paying for all the dlc sinking more money into it it might be the game that was promised.

20. Kevin

Kevin New Gamer

Yeah destiny has got me even more excited for the halo mcc but i have to admit im really enjoying destiny i can see it getting abit repetitive but then 90% of fps games are just....go here, kill that, kill this boss, finish level the only fps games that really changed up how you play and think about tactics were far cry 3 and deus ex (only ones i could think of atm).
    Btw the crucible is s*** i hate it but loving the rest of the game ill be playing destiny along side halo for awhile.......until halo5 comes out.

21. RyanB

RyanB New Gamer

Lots of reviewers and gamers are saying that they're disappointed with the story, writing, depth, etc. I think they're failing to realize what Bungie has said many times. Straight from Deej, "We fully anticipate seeing day one reviews from folks who decide to kick the tires, but don't have the time or patience to take our ride for a nice, long, road trip." That's the point. This isn't Halo where the story is tightly woven into a trilogy. This is Destiny where the story is set to slowly evolve and expand over time. This is merely the beginning. Don't judge the whole book by the ending of the first chapter.

: Destiny