1. Guest, Read the rules. The Rules are simple. Don't spam. Be nice to the people here. Gamez Forums is a place where links are allowed, as long as they are related to the content of the thread.

Consoles vs PC

Discussion in 'Consoles - Other' started by TheDeer, Nov 22, 2014.

1. TheDeer

TheDeer Gamer

Are you pc gamer or you prefer consoles? Do you just deny the other side or you enjoy both platforms?

Personally I enjoy both as there are great games for both platforms and playing on consoles and pc both makes my experience better as I experience different games that are played in a different way. Im never bored.

3. Zlatana

Zlatana New Gamer

I prefer pc just because I always played pc games, I rarely play on consoles, but I have tried some nice games for consoles too. There are great games on all platforms, you just need to find them.

Gamez likes this.
  4. Tropico

Tropico New Gamer

I just prefer pc games, because I use my computer for work and I use it for games, I just dont want to spend extra for console when I know I will change my computer every 3 years because of my work.

5. Moses

Moses New Gamer

The advantage of the consoles is that you don't need to change hardware (console) for longer time. With pc you are bound to upgrade every 2 years if you want to play at Max details.

6. BorneoPig

BorneoPig New Gamer

I prefer pc gaming, I think consoles games are great but I prefer mouse and keyboard controller. How can you make a strategy game for console, you just cant...

7. JohnD

JohnD New Gamer

I have ps4, xboxone and pc, every platform has advantages and disadvantages, I enjoy the games for what they are, no matter the platform.

8. LeeroyJenkins

LeeroyJenkins Gamer

"PC master race" "ps4 is better than xbox" why do people have to act like consoles are in a never ending war. Why can't people just enjoy consoles for what they are instead of trying to rub it in peoples faces that their consoles are better. Its annoys me so much.

9. Perpetrator

Perpetrator Gamer

Seriously some people need to grow up, games are about fun, it's not about the ¨My console is better then yours¨ crap that I see on Facebook, I also hate when people slag off a console, ¨The console suck and the games on there are rubbish¨ and I'm like ¨Have you actually tried the games or console, so don't knock it till you tried it¨

10. Sillyc

Sillyc Well-Known Gamer

Friends. Gamers. Lend me your ears. For too long have we squabbled over our petty differences. Whether it be console v.s. pc, xbox v.s playstation v.s wii, or simply game v.s game. In this new year we should focus our efforts into growing as a fully united gaming community. After all, we are all gamers who fell in love with the magic of gaming in one way or another so we're not that different at heart. We are not enemies, but a community. It is time we behave as such. With that being said there is a question to be asked. What game did you fall in love with? The one that made you take on the helm of a gamer.

11. Ava

Ava Well-Known Gamer

What is it with the discrimination against consoles? It's annoying. Is the "Glorious PC Master Race" just a bunch of assholes who think they're better in life because of a piece of technology? We "console peasants" choose what we want. Just deal with it.

12. Portishead

Portishead Gamer

The problem comes from , i can make a better console out of spare pc parts i have lying around than any new console out now . the new PS and XBONE are made out of 10 year old parts crammed in a small space . old tech , older design . not to mention , how do you build a game ? on a pc . its all about money when you come down to it . todays console is a 10 year old pc . imo

13. Dustoff

Dustoff Gamer

I'm pc and xbox, mainly pc, but who cares. I wish they made a cross platform, it would be like Christmas day in ww1 when the two sides met and realised they weren't different races. But same people with different reasons.

14. Prins

Prins New Gamer

Saying that the PC is the master race is inaccurate, as a whole no its not, there are PCs that struggle to run Gta San andreas, and there are some that can run Assassins Creed Unity in 3 seperate windows without effort, now if the ONLY PCs that existed were the ones that can run Unity like that then PC would be the master race, but there aren't, its inconsistent, and to get a decent PC and keep it like that it would need continual upkeep, not to mention the 600 dollars you have to give up for it and thats not even high end, PS4 and Xbox One consoles are consistent each console as the exact same thing as the other, sure an individual could have a console crushing PC but not everyone.

15. NRobert

NRobert New Gamer

Not exactly... console doesn't have a price-performance sweet spot... it's just "slap whatever processor you can in there that makes it do this exclusively and sell it for an over-inflated price"... for a console, if you were to sell it under a normal profit margin would actually cost about $200 on release day... and that's factoring in the building, shipping and stocking for the consoles... not to mention payment of the workforce and a lot more!! the p/p ratio of a console is a lot slimmer than it is on PC... if we go for compute power to cost on a console with a total value of 5, that's about 2:3... a PC can be a lot better in that ratio at around 3:2 and even 4:1 if you get the right parts!. console gaming is usually good for those who just want to plug it in, turn it on and game... (but what are boutique system builders for if not to let you do that with PC!?) and as for the continual upkeep?... meh, the upgrade lifecycle on a PC can actually reach damn close to a console... the recommended meantime for upgrade is about 3-4 years... my hardware is between that 3-4 year time, but I bet I could keep it running for at least 2 more years and still run higher end titles on it! (I'm planning on getting Dying Light on here... so that adds to my point). a 6-year meantime between changing is pretty impressive... even against a console's 8-year meantime between revisions! also... as for maintenance... consoles are more PC like now than they were 8 years ago with the XBox 360 and PS3 (although the PS3 could run Linux) both PC and console need software/firmware (and therefore driver) updates and regular cleaning... now... here's the pros and cons of both systems:

PC: PROS

easy to upgrade and expand
    Regular game updates and releases exclusive to it
    support for game controllers
    Better game image quality
    higher resolutions
    cheaper now than a few years ago
    STEAM SALES!!! 90% OFF!!!! MUST... BUY... GAME...!!!
    normally better built with higher quality parts and easily overclocked!
    Capable of supporting 4K video and graphics (ooooh so pretty!!!)

CONS:
    Hardware can be expensive
    more fault points if you have lots of hardware and software
    some games may refuse to run on your hardware
    Some games might be incompatible with each other (RARE)

Console: PROS

Easy to set up
    plays the games smooth (ish)
    cheaper than a high end PC
    can be used with different controllers (you need a bridge adapter)
    Gets lots of games and updated firmware
    long life span (8 whole years... that's at least 4 PC generations!)

CONS:

not upgradable to the extent of a PC (the PS4 lets you use an SSD in it)
    made with cheaper parts, so the chance of failure is higher
    Games are actually more expensive (remember... no Steam sale!!! no 90% off...) unless you play an old platform (but then the games are just as cheap on PC!!!)
    contrary to popular belief... console's can't do triple A titles in 1080P... the XBone does 792P upscaled and the PS4 can do 1600P upscaled)
    Game patches are harder to make (according to Ubisoft!... don't take that as gospel!!.. a simple 3D object in still space would be hard for them to make bug-free!!!)

16. Miro

Miro New Gamer

Fanboyism is crazy bad now a days. think about what was first used for gaming. You play games online because of Bill Gates who created Microsoft which was the first computer. N he made Xbox. So boom there you guys go. Fuck fanboyism.

17. Baba

Baba Gamer

All this platform war BULLSHIT in this forum, STOP. Its called Gamez Forums, not promote platform fights over what YOU THINK is the "best" system to play on. ENOUGH with all these bullshit "PC master race" "Xbox one is omgdabes consul ps4 sux we have halo" & "ps4 is the best cause it just is and xbone sucks lololol" shit posts. They provide NOTHING but flame starters and no one gives a damn what you think is the best cause its ur god damned trash opinion. Xbone goes with FPS over resolution, the Nvidia way. PS4 goes with resolution over FPS but other than that THEY ARE IDENTICAL. Halo collection SUCKED cause ITS MORE BROKEN AT LAUNCH THAN BATTLEFIELD 4 WAS. PS4 Launch SUCKED cause it had no exclusives & right now you still dont have any until 2015, BOTH are next gen consoles that go with PC specs since 2012 but they do GAMING WELL so stfu u shitty ass PC elitists. No one gives a fuck over your 5000$ PC that can run at 4k resolution. You get what you pay for & a PC IS STRONGER YES, OF COURSE IT IS. GAMES ARE MADE ON THEM. But if you want to play games & games WITHOUT HACKERS, PROBLEMS & PERFECT SPECS the consoles do that EXCLUSIVELY. Get along, its a fucking society for gamers, not fanboys.

18. Bary

Bary Gamer

I don't understand why there must be this war between PC and Console. Both have good graphics both cost a lot of money and both have the same games. We must all come together to realize there is not master race for you see we are all equal.

Scott Leggett likes this.
  19. Margarita

Margarita New Gamer

The entire debate of whether consoles or pc's are better is completely redundant to begin with. Both are essentially computerized hardware that are limited to their designers designs in terms of software and the casing style. You can easily turn a console into a pc with some tinkering..

20. Mojesh

Mojesh New Gamer

No. We are not equal. PC has better graphics, more games, cheaper games, cheaper overall in the long run, free online play, steam sales, kinguin, gog, humble bundle, ability to use whatever controller you wish, ability to upgrade, mods, higher resolution support, greater selection of game types (mobas for example). Shall I continue?

21. Petros

Petros New Gamer

@Mojesh Consoles are BETTER BECAUSE no need for endless upgrades which means you dont have to upgrade your graphics card everytime a next gen game comes out, no first party support which means Microsoft is busy making games for consoles, Innovation example Wii U when last you had 4 man drunken tennis match in your PC room same goes for 4 man family fun night also , Cheaper hardware hmmm to have a up to date PC how much did you spend ? when you could pick up a Xbox or PS insert and play, Games are optimize for controllers if the keyboard and mouse were really superior, wouldn't one of the eight generations of consoles have come with those instead of gamepads ? i wonder, Automatic updates! If your game needs a patch, or if your console's operating system needs a fix, the updates are downloaded automatically. How's that for convenience? Compare this to PCs, where you have to download and install patches and drivers manually. finally TWO WORDS Console Exclusives !